Friday, October 28, 2011

Game 7

We have a game 7 in the World Series tonight.  I think "if" games are the most exciting games to attend, whether its a game 3 of a best of 3, game 5 best of a best of 5 or game 7 of a best of 7.  I was at game 5 in Atlanta in 03 when Kerry Wood DOMINATED the Braves and put Atlanta out.  I believe that was the whole Steve Bartman year if I am not mistaken.  I was also at game 3 in Atlanta 09 to see Alabama beat Georgia Tech in the regional's.  IF game's are do or die.
MY take on tonight: It will be a slug fest.  I don't think either team has much pitching left, especially after last night.  I would say I give the edge to St. Louis because of Carpenter, but he has made 1 start his entire career on 3 days rest, that was in the Phillies series earlier this post season and he got ROCKED!!!!! So, that advantage gets washed away.  I think it comes down to Napoli vs. Craig and Freese.  These 3guys have been clutch during the postseason and hopefully will DO IT BIG tonight.  It should be fun.  My prediction: I want to STL because they are at home and they came back last night, but I have to stick with my initial pick and say Texas.
Fun Fact for the day:  STL is the ONLY team in World Series history to score runs in the bottom of the 8th,9th,10th, and 11th.

No comments:

Post a Comment