Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Recaps of the games I went to over the weekend

I know its a little late and it is Wednesday, but I did go to 2 games last weekend. 1 was the Georgia Tech Virginia game and the other, the Monday Night Football game, Atlanta Falcons and Denver Broncos.

1st: Virginia @ Georgia Tech: I thought this was going to be a lot closer game than what it was. All I kept hearing was this is suppose to be a matchup for the Coastal Division since Va. Tech is down this year. Well what I took from the game is Virginia is not very good at all and they are over rated. Another thing that I was interested in was the big play ability of Ga. Tech. The other thing I was interested in was the big play ability of Tech's O. I watched th VT game on tv and that is the thing that is the thing I came away with, was the lack of big plays by the Triple Option offense. Well, not against Virginia. The first 3 plays  75 yrd td pass, 5 yrd dive up the middle, 75 yrd pitch for a td, 3 plays 155 yrds and 2 touches. They continued to pile up the yardage and totaling 594 of Total Offense on the day. I could have been wrong about Tech. It will be a big test this weekend in Atlanta vs. Miami.

2nd: Denver @ Atlanta: This was my first time ever seeing P Manning and it was pretty cool. I had some great people sitting around me, a couple down in front were Pats fan and the wife was studying for grad school. The guy sitting next to me Mr. M was from Italy and in the middle of a 8 games in 11 days. So I had some good conversation with all 3 of these people. But onward to the game. Matty Ice looked great and the Falcons O was in all out go mode. Manning had an uncharastic 3 ints in the 1st q and Denver had another fumble which totaled 4 tos in the 1st q, which lead to 13 Atlanta points. Atlanta's D was flying around ever where and had Manning very confused. But, once Manning settled down he was very good. It was fun watching him and Ryan go back and forth changing the play at the line. That kind of thing is very interesting to me. 1 thing that wasn't fun, were the refs. i know they are replacements (I refed and know how hard it is) but man they were not very good. I felt sorry for the ones on Denver's sideline b/c Del Rio and Fox gave them the business all game long. But over all a fun game and I can say I have seen P Manning.

But all and all a great weekend and I will be in the DOAK Saturday night for Clemson FUS

No comments:

Post a Comment