Friday, September 28, 2012

MY Trip to the Doak for Clemson FSU



This was my first trip to Doak Campbell Stadium and it was AWESOME!!!!! I find a parking deck on Madison and start walking towards the stadium and to find some old college friends. I walk up Pensicola and JACK POT!!!!! This is definatly a college pregame party street. I pass some Frat houses and lots of beautiful Seminole Cooeds (for the record FSU has the #1 coeeds of the 9 schools I have been to). I see shots being taken, funnels from second floors being used, and just all kinds of cook outs and bar-b-ques. I knew if this was a preview of what was to come, then I was going to have a blast. I continue on my trip and meet up with my friends behind Dick Howser stadium, Tommy, Drew, Haley and another GSU person. I get to visit with them for about 10 minutes or so, but they were off to  some wrist band event, that I did not have a wrist band for. Luckily, I had another college friend down there Samantha, so I found her and tailgated with her.  Her friends were  very nice, offered me a great cheeseburger and soda, and I got to sit in the parking lot experienceing the tailgate at Florida State. Between the first group and the second group, I was able to find a ticket for $80 or about face value. i was really pumped and relieved that I did not have to deal with that any longer. I visit with Samantha and her group till about 6:30 and start making my way to the stadium. It wasn't a long walk, but I wanted to check out the statue outside the Doak, also they have a big drum that everyone was taking turns beating.
So once inside the stadium, I buy a coke and program and spend my time watching pregame and looking through the program. I am in there early enough to watch all of warmups and see the AMAZING run out of the Seminoles. The Spear in the middle of the field was just awesome and I had chills. It was definiately worth getting in for.
The game as back and forth and Clemson had a handle on it for a while, but just ran out of gas closing out the 3rd quarter. The crowd was electric and alot of fun, especially when FSU was doing big things. Speaking for the crowd, I got to know some very cool people around me. I met a son and dad, the son had been in a box and sat on the front row for the OU game last year, and the dad was a 99 grad and saw some very good teams come through. Also our little crowd, a surfer from Puerto Rico and his girl friend Kate (Go ahead and Roast me for only knowing the girls name) But she was a UF student who is Garnett and Gold all the way, her football knowledge was pretty sick as well. So anytime FSU would do something good, I got high 5s from these 4 people, which made the experience  all the more better. On this night FSU was the better team, led by EJ Manuel and the Defense, but Clemson's tripletts of Boyd, Ellington, and Watkins are very dangerous. I wish this would be the ACC Championship game, however Clemson and FSU are on the same side. But this was a very exciting time and very cool expereince, I recommend it to everybody. Thanks DOAK CAMPBELL for a great night!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Seems like you had a great time, glad you enjoyed yoru trip!
    Massimo

    ReplyDelete