Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Offense of side of the ball

So I broke down yesterday who I thought had the advantage in each particular matchup. Well, today I am going to tell you why I chose what I chose.

Quaterback: LSU  Coming into the season there was much to do over the LSU qb situation.  Jordan Jefferson was suspended for the first games leaving Jarrett Lee to be the main guy.  There were lots of questions surrounding Lee, who just 2 years ago was named the starter but struggled, will he struggle again, how is he going to run the offense, what will the offense look like.  Well,  LSU starts 8-0 scoring 39.3 points a game, that is 13th in the nation, that is pretty darn good.  Lee has lived up to and exceeded expectations this year.  On the other hand, the Crimson Tide had a qb battle for themselves.  But, Aj MaCarron put that to rest early.  He has been good this year completeing 67 % of his passes piling up 1164 in yards while throwing 10tds and just 3 int.  He has won 2 tough games as well @ Penn st and home vs. Arkansas, but has not faced a Defense as good as this LSU D.  I am giving the edge to Lee because he is a Sr. and has big game experience.

Running Back: ALABAMA I believe Trent Richardson is the best back in college football.  If those are my thoughts than it is hard to take anyone but Alabama here.  He has the numbers to prove it rushing for 989 yards in 17 tds.  This back up is pretty strong in Eddie Lacey who has 465 yards and 5 tds.  That is 1400+ yards and 22 tds from your ground game, that is really impressive and hard to beat.  However LSU has a 2 headed monster here of Ware and and Ford who have combined 953 yards an 10 touches.  These would be top numbers and just about any other game they play, but not this one.  LSU is strong on the ground but not as strong as Alabama, that is why Bama has the advantage on the ground.

Wide Reciever/Tight End: ALABAMA  I said this at first because of Maze who is outstanding , but after looking deeper into the numbers, I dont think Bama as as much as an advantage as I first thought.  Maze and Hanks are tough 57 rec 712 yards and only 2 touch downs compared to LSU's top 2  Randle and Beckman who have 60 rec and 972 yards and 9 touches. Yes LSU has bigger numbers here, but take a look at the offenses.  LSU has more big play potential from the wr and Bama is more of a possession game after T RICH gains 6 or 7 yards. So I give the advantage to Bama, but both teams are highly skilled at this position.

Offensive Line: TIE You might ask how can this be one line has to be better than the other. Go look at my October 19th midseason AA blog, I have Jones from Bama on it and I have Blackwell from LSU on it.  SO 2 of my top 5 lineman come from these to schools, pretty darn good.  Both lines hold up well and exicute like the coaches want them to.  This is why it is a tie, when you are that good at what you do than the O LINE needs credit and what better credit than to say its a tie.

WRAP UP:  So on Offense I would give the advantage to Bama but not by much and mainly because they have the best back in nation Trent Richardson.
Check in tomorrow to see who has the advantage on Defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment